Monday, June 10, 2013

The 103rd Running of the Dipsea

I love photographing the Dipsea.

I know I say that every year, but every time it gets towards June I can't wait for the annual Sunday race from downtown Mill Valley, over Mt. Tamalpais, to Stinson Beach.  I love that there are runners that are in their 80's, and then runners that are 8.

I love that the streets of Mill Valley are lined with spectators of all sizes.

I love that there are racers are always there to help out each other.

I love that everyone takes it so seriously.
I love it that people attack the Dipsea steps...

but feel it soon after.

And I love that the racers bolt from the first flight of Dipsea steps...

Only to find out there are hundreds of more in front of them.

It's the greatest footrace I know of.  To see the full coverage of the race, check out the Marin Independent-Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment